Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Maramarala masala

I miss all the chaats, masalas, bajjis...list goes on from home. I hope many of you remember there are times when some people say that its not good to eat the food sold by street vendors, I dont know how can we resist passing by those and whats the life missing all those yummy yummy treats. What say?
I miss all those days when mom scolded me for skipping dinner after munching these evening snacks. Even sometimes my mom tries some recipes but they dont get that taste like bundi bujji's. My mom asks me why don't I enjoy the bajjis she made as I enjoy the ones bought from outside. I really don't want to offend her but at the same time can't enjoy as well, finally my silence answers her questions.
Anyways here is my small attempt to make this maramaralu masala.
Take 3 to 4 cups of Maramaralu. Fry these maramaralu little bit just to warm them.
Fry hand fulls of senagapappu (split pea dal), peanuts separately in a frying pan without oil and set them aside. Chop half of medium white onion and half tomato. Mix all of the above by adding salt and chilli powder per your taste. Squeeze juice of one lemon into this mixture.Mix it well,garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.