Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spinach Fry (vepudu)

Do you have anyone in your house who don't like leafy vegetables, here is an easy but healthy recipe which tastes good with Rice or Roti. This is my quick and easy version.This is my contribution for Spring in the air of Meeta.(http://whatsforlunchhoney.blogspot.com)

I used one bag frozen spinach for this instead of fresh spinach.
Slice one onion to thin slices. Fry the onion in a tbsp oil to little brown after popu.
Add the Spinach to this mixture and add salt per your taste.
Add chilli powder after its cooked and fry for few minutes. Thats it.Pretty simple right.
This is one of those quick recipes at school to make sure we get leafy vegetables in our food other than in dal. I wish I have this food blogging knowledge then (not long long ago..just 2002/2003) :)
Can anybody help me get the names of Collard greens and Turnip greens in telugu or hindi. I have seen recipes on blogs using these but didn't try till now.

4 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Spinach is really one of my fave leafy vegies. We've been eating plenty of it lately. Thank you for your entry!

Suganya said...

Hay ur spinach fry is looking nice..Mouth watering one...I like it.

Anonymous said...

You are publishing nice and easy dishes!!!!
Wonderful, great!!!!!!
Alagey! Do you know how to make thotakoora pachhadi or spinach pachhadi?
How would they taste. Are they good?

recipes said...

i thing this is andra fast food carry
na haahaha...
i had recipe site. for more info about some recipe visit@bharatdesi.com