Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Naan and Chana Masala

Its been a while I posted on my blog. I am busy with my work and hosting guests these days. I like Chana masala verymuch. It is easy curry that can be made for Gettogethers. I used to make this curry from our house for any get together in the University.
I bought the Naan in Trader Joe's. It is really good.


Recipe:
1 Can Chickpeas
1 onion
2-3 green chillies
1 or 2 Tomatoes
Masala Powder
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Salt and chilly powder according to your taste
Make the popu, fry onions and chillies, ginger garlic paste,after onions get fried little bit add tomatoes and close the lid, let the tomoatoes get little mushy and add chickpeas. Add salt, Chilly powder and Garam masala and let it cook for 5-10 min. Add little water and stir it. When the curry is cooked add yougurt and mix it. Yummy chana curry is ready.

Tip: If you want more gravy in the curry, microwave 1/4 of chickpeas ( from Can) for 1 min and blend it in food processor. Add this mixture after you add tomatoes and before adding whole chickpeas.

2 comments:

FH said...

Hi Smitha, your chana looks good enough to grab from the photo!! Yumm.. yumm..

Good job and blog more!!

KA said...

Looks yummy Smitha..